Scribal cultures in late medieval England : essays in honour of Linne R. Mooney
edited by Margaret Connolly, Holly James-Maddocks and Derek Pearsall
Linne R. Mooney, Emeritus Professor of Palaeography at the University of York, has significantly advanced the study of later medieval English book production, particularly our knowledge of individual scribes; this collection honours her distinguished scholarship and responds to her wide-ranging rese...
|Other Authors:||, , ,|
Woodbridge, Suffolk :
York Medieval Press in association with The Boydell Press,
|Series:||York manuscript and early print studies ; v. 3|
York manuscript and early print studies ; volume 3
|Physical Description:||xx, 363 pages : illustrations (black and white, and colour) ; 25 cm.|
9781843845751 : hardback
9781800104648 : ePub ebook
Refers to Trinity manuscripts R.3.15, R.3.19 and R.3.21.
Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction / Margaret Connolly
- I: International Perspectives
- 1. How English is it? / Martha W. Driver
- 2. Middle Hiberno-English Poetry and the Nascent Bureaucratic Literary Culture of Ireland / Kathryn Kerby-Fulton
- II: Identities and Localities
- 3. Famous Scribe, Unrecognised Stint / Ralph Hanna
- 4. The Handwriting of Fifteenth-Century Signet Clerks and the King's French Secretaries / Sebastian Sobecki
- 5. Seeking Scribal Communities in Medieval London / Estelle V. Stubbs
- 6. Scribes and Booklets: The 'Trinity Anthologies' Reconsidered / Holly James-Maddocks
- III: Scribal Production
- 7. Some Codicological Observations on Manuscripts of Walter Hilton's Scale of Perfection / Michael G. Sargent
- 8. The First Emergence of the Ricardian Confessio: Morgan 690 / Joel Fredell
- 9. The Anonymous 'Kings of England' and the Significance of its Material Form / Margaret Connolly
- 10. John Benet, Scribe and Compiler, and Dublin, Trinity College, MS 516 / Wendy Scase
- 11. The Founders' Book of Tewkesbury Abbey (Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Top. Glouc. D. 2): Scripts and Transcripts / Susan Powell
- IV: Chaucerian Contexts
- 12. When is a 'Canterbury Tales Manuscript' not Just a Canterbury Tales Manuscript? / Daniel W. Mosser
- 13. Cambridge, Trinity College, MS R.3.15 and the Circulation of Chaucerian Manuscripts in the Sixteenth Century / Simon Horobin
- Afterword: A Personal Tribute / Derek Pearsall
- Linne R. Mooney: List of Publications / Daryl Green.